Friday 17 June 2011

That wasn't pretty.

I just did a Wii Zumba work out.

I'll just pause for a minute to let that visual sink in.

Again, the workout was attended by all three children.  I only had to break up one fight though, and the energy associated with Zumba was more conducive to yelling at them than the yoga energy was. Not a lot of heckling this time, though. I think it was more like stunned silence.

I don't know if doing this in my basement by myself (theoretically) is more or less bizarre than how I was first introduced to Zumba: during my two month trial membership at Curves.  Shaking my thang to sultry Latin rhythms with the well-past-retirement-age set was, to put it mildly, odd.

You may wonder why I would buy the Wii Zumba game while I'm unemployed.  To which I would say "aren't we feeling judgy today?" But actually it was thanks to a Costco gift card from my mum, given with the express instruction that I only spend it on something for me. So this seemed suitably frivolous.

When I got to the checkout, there were huge line-ups, so I went to the self-scanning one. But at no point did it say 'if you have a gift card, swipe it now' so before I knew it, I was paying for the purchase. Completely defeated the purpose of my visit!

No surprise, of course, because, as I've mentioned...I have no idea what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment