Monday 12 March 2012

I'm starting a new club

In traffic yesterday, there was a guy on a Harley in front of me, and another Harley drove by and they gave each other that secret little wave.

And I thought, "I totally want to start doing that to other drivers of mini-vans."

But what would the signal for the Loser Cruiser club be? What sign conveys the fact that you've completely given up? Can we come up with something that will be as effective as that other universal sign of social resignation--wearing track pants in public? I really want to know:

What hand gesture or signal can we give to each other in public?

Suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. I think it should be a shrug of the shoulders with hands out (palms up) like this:
    http://www.123rf.com/photo_8727148_isolated-beautiful-girl-shrugs-her-shoulders.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang your head in shame? Soft, gentle weeping? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Defeated sigh and a head shake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use this for just about everything.....it's our stand in 'hi' sign, my husband always said it should be the Shunpikers 'hi' sign! Put the back of your hand under your chin, fingers pointing out, wiggle your fingers like you are saying 'hi'!
    Yup, you look pretty funny so I think I would be perfect for the 'Loser Cruiser' club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the thumb and forefinger "L" on the forehead too obvious?

    Even if I haven't been literally seeing that gesture when I drive, do know that I feel it intensely in my heart each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picture someone shrugging their shoulders with their arms out and palms up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being an elite member myself, I am going for a love thy other member approach, give the peace sign. Not that peace ever finds us during waking hours, and sometimes the sleeping ones are questionable too, but all in all, a nice way to share the love <3

    ps: We can never be losers. We are the ones raising winners!!

    ReplyDelete