Tuesday 13 March 2012

Well that'll teach me

We went to the mall tonight, and I bought a pair of running shoes.

Not, like, shoes that you wear running, but cool running shoes.

Mostly because when we went out, I had to wear the RUNNING kind of running shoes, and I felt like a dork.

So I left the family slumped on a bench and went into the store. Tried on several pairs of Converse, and narrowed it down to two pairs.

One pair was significantly cheaper than the other...but it was also kind of a lame colour.

And I thought about it, and pondered getting the cheaper, slightly ugly pair. But then I gave myself a pep talk:

"Come on, treat yourself this once. You always buy the cheapest stuff, sacrifice so that everyone else can get what they want. Just this once, don't sell yourself short. You're worth it. Get the black and white one stars. They're cool. You're cool. You deserve it."

I walked out of the store with my head held high, and showed my new shoes to DH.

"Oh. Now we have exactly the same shoes."

No wonder I liked them so much. I see them in the front hall every day.

I'm such a maroon.

Now we'll just have to get matching track suits and be done with it.

1 comment: