Tuesday 26 May 2015

It's all in your perspective



E commenting on someone's behaviour: "She sure is worried about fitting in..."

K agreed, and exclaimed, "That's the LEAST of my worries!"

Me: "Oh? What's your biggest worry?"

E, immediately: "Spiders."

K, after a thoughtful pause: "Coming face-to-face with a Dalek or Cyberman."

                                     ----------------------------

This morning, S wore the first summery skirt of the year.

Me: "Oh, you look super-cute!"

A minute later, K finished dressing and presented herself to me, running her arms up and down her sides, displaying her outfit.

K: "How do I look? But DON'T say super-cute."

I looked at her Blue Jays shirt and shorts.

Me: "You look super-sporty--"

She cut me off.

K: "I look awesome."


It's not only about having a different perspective, it's about me wanting theirs!



No comments:

Post a Comment