Friday 19 February 2016

I blame Gina

It's a well-documented fact that I love 70's (and 80's) AM gold.

So it should come as no surprise that when Total Eclipse of the Heart came on the radio yesterday, I was in The Zone.

What you don't know is that I am taking singing lessons from a wonderful teacher here in town named Gina.

I am loving the lessons, and while I may not have reached, say, Patsy Gallant status, I have noticed a huge improvement since I started.

So I blame Gina for the fact that I was really nailing the song, which was of course supported by video-worthy arm movements, a LOT of emoting, and some hair flips thrown in for good measure.

It was during one such hair flip (at a red light) that I glanced in the rearview mirror and made eye contact with one of the two gentlemen in the car behind me, smiling broadly.

So I blame Gina, but they can thank her for an entertaining drive home.


No comments:

Post a Comment