Friday 3 June 2011

Thank goodness for technology...

It's the only thing that prevented me from doing a 'Dad.'

Many many moons ago, my dad came out of the Canada Trust on Wortley, got into the car, glanced in the back seat, and realized that he was actually in SOMEONE ELSE'S car.

Yesterday, I was striding confidently towards the loser cruiser, pushing the 'unlock' button on the key chain thingy...and pushing it, and pushing it, until I was standing directly beside the van, furiously pushing the button, wondering why it wasn't working. At which point I looked up and saw MY loser cruiser, parked one aisle over.

For those of you who know my history with vehicles, this will come as no suprise. In fact, you will all just be thankful that I remembered to get into my vehicle, instead of taking the bus home.

(Note: I have done this, on 4--if not 5--non-consecutive occasions.)
(Note: I recognize the irony in the fact that I can't actually remember how many times I've forgotten to drive my car home.)
(Note: I may or may not be using the word irony correctly.)

Shortly after this, I was walking through the mall and spotted my good friend M.  I stopped in my tracks, gave her the big grin/eyebrows raised/"hey what a nice surprise!" face...and then realized it was actually a total stranger.

I am beginning to suspect that I really shouldn't be allowed out in public.

1 comment: