Wednesday 8 June 2011

Owwies

First of all, thank you for the help with the rain. The 'butt cheek' drawings are gone, AND the hula hoop that was stuck in the tree came down, so it was a big win all around.

So, S got kicked in the head at soccer last night. She's fine.

It just makes me think of other injuries we've sustained over the past 6 years...

Like the time my sister and I were rocket scientists and started dismantling the triplet stroller while one of the girls was still in one of the seats...so of course it went off balance and tipped backwards and the baby (I think it was E) bonked her head on the cement.  The kicker was when I took her to the hospital, just to make sure she was okay, the attending physician was a high school class mate.  Which was awesome, because that's just the way you want to re-introduce yourself..."Oh hi, good to see you! Yes, yes, I'm good...may have given my child a concussion, though..."

And the time S fell down the stairs.  They were carpeted, it was just the last few stairs, she was fine. But the best was when we came running saying "What happened?" and she climbed back up to the middle of the stairs and said "Well, I started leaning over like this ... "

But the classic line, of course, is from the time when DH picked up one of the girls when he got home from work. He carries a PDA and a cell phone on his belt, so it's quite a production trying to lift them up safely. When he picked her up, she started crying that she was hurt...

"I stubbed my vagina!"


3 comments:

  1. I think that's the first time in history those words have ever been put together in one sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is any consolation to you, I once had a caregiver for my son offer to testify on my behalf if I ever got charged with child abuse. 13 emergency room visits in the first 5 years of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, MJ! I know B used to babysit a child that was just a disaster, falling off the climbers all the time...eventually the parents discovered that the girl was blind in one eye, and thus had no depth perception!
    And "gary"--I certainly HOPE that's the first time those words have been put together!

    ReplyDelete