Wednesday 15 June 2011

The opposite of relaxing

Well that was fun.

Just did a Wii Fit yoga workout with all three girls 'adding to the experience.'

Started with E explaining the finer points of a recent Suite Life episode. (For those of you unfamiliar with the show, let me assure you--there are no finer points of that show.)

Then I had to yell at her to finish her breakfast.

It's counter-productive to yell at your children while doing yoga, isn't it?

S then built a fort on the couch behind me. (Followed by an argument between her and K about whether or not K was allowed inside.)

And then K watched and compared my performance to the trainer's.

"She's bending more."

"She's doing it way better than you."

And, my favourite:

"Her capris are even shorter than yours!"

Like I was somehow failing because I wasn't EXACTLY mirroring the cartoon image on the screen.

I think I'm the first person to ever be more stressed out at the end of a yoga session than I was at the beginning. And trust me, I was pretty stressed out to begin with...

No comments:

Post a Comment