Wednesday 29 June 2011

House arrest

The honking continues, so we are trapped inside for another day.
It's the first official day of summer vacation, and I'm already climbing the walls.
Not to mention the fact that I'll be serving peanut butter on playing cards for dinner if I can't get to a grocery store soon...

~two hours later~

Oh jeez, and now I just made chocolate chip cookies with baking soda that's on it's last legs, so they're pretty....flat. The chocolate chips are sticking out of each cookie, like so many nerts in the refrigerated section at Freshco.

[Seriously, have you been to the one on Commissioners? The first 1/3 of the store is kept in sub-zero temperatures.]

[And yes I realize I sound like I'm 120 years old, but seriously, go there and I defy you to think otherwise. "Low, low prices and an even lower body temperature!")

The only high spot of the day is that right now E & S are watching The Simpsons movie, at their request.

<sniff> I've never been so proud.

And yes, I am including first steps, first words, soccer goals and bike riding in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment