Friday 24 June 2011

Mouths of babes, indeed

For Father's Day, the girls' teacher did an 'interview' with the kids, asking them questions about their Dads.

I will admit that I got a little pale when the girls handed them over to DH, and I don't think it would be outrageous to suggest that there may have been a look of panic in his eyes.

But, all things considered, I think he got off VERY easy. So we can at least be reassured that we are raising our children to know the difference between what is acceptable at home and what is acceptable in public.

Ultimately they were all cute answers, but my favourites were:

What does he say to you?
E: Well, he whistles to us at dinnertime, but we're not dogs!


When is your daddy funny?
K: When he calls me my nickname, Beanhole.


Now, in his defence, her nickname started out as Kathleenie Bobeenie, which then got shortened to Beenie, then Beener, and then, for some reason, Beenpole (Beanpole).  But a friend overheard us say that once, and they thought we were saying Beanhole.

Which is vaguely gross-sounding.

So let me assure you, that is not what we actually call her. But for some reason, this is the nickname she shared with the teacher.

But as I mentioned, under the category of 'When is your daddy funny?' there could have been MUCH worse answers than that...

No comments:

Post a Comment