Thursday 9 June 2011

Potty mouth

Last night, one of the girls told me that her friend at school says "Oh crud" when he's frustrated/upset/whatever.

I suggested that I should start saying "Oh crud" too...

"Yeah, instead of swear words.  The next time you do that thing...you know, that thing where you give something up?"

"Lent?"

"Yeah, the next time you do that, you should give up swearing. I don't think you could do it, though..."

SO, I'm going to try Lent, pt 2, and I am giving up swearing.  I've actually tried this before...one year I decided to give up swearing, and when I was walking over to Ash Wednesday mass on my lunch hour, I did that move where you kind of fall off your shoe, and I let fly with the Big One. That was not a good start.

So far so good this time.

Couple of questions--does typing a swear word count?  And does swearing when I'm by myself count?  That is--if a parent swears in the laundry room, and no one hears, does the F-bomb actually go off?

Now I just have to practice my substitutions:

Son of a....soda cracker!
Jesus...Mary and Joseph!
Fuuuu....dge bucket!

And my favourite, for which I give full credit to the Coen Brothers:

Mother...scratcher!

[Note to self: Do not attempt to dye hair again in the next 40 days.]

2 comments:

  1. you crack me up. in my opinion, if no one hears it, it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete