Tuesday 5 July 2011

Soccer mom

So apparently I am much more competitive than I ever would've imagined.

Anyone who has known me since grade school or high school would probably also be shocked to learn this, because sports...how do you say? They're not my thang.

But watching S play soccer? I am completely turning into the crazy mom yelling from the sidelines. But it's all 'just for fun, let's get out there and have a good time' and I am thisclose to being all 'Don't just stand there, KICK THE @#$&*% BALL!'

Which is especially bad because a) I'm sitting next to my in-laws, and b) we're talking about 6-year-olds here.

So I may have to take myself out of the game.

Also, this issue may be genetic, because this is what K was yelling within the first 30 seconds of the game:

"Come on you can do it! I know you can do it come on! Come on kick the ball kick the ball KICK THE BALL -- OH MY GOD I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment