Monday 11 July 2011

Looking ahead

The other night S was singing a Selena Gomez song, and they started talking about how ridiculous it is that teenage girls only think about boys.

They then started making up their own songs about school, their friends, and skipping. We agreed these were much better than songs about boys.

Then K said, "When I'm a teenager, I'm not going to have a boyfriend, I'm just going to be smart." This was later amended to, "Well, I'll have a boyfriend, but I'm not going to text him all the time, and just think about him all the time, and when we go out we'll go on smart dates and talk about smart stuff."

S wasn't so sure about committing to dating smart boys, because "they all have glasses." But she did say that she wouldn't think about boys all the time, and when she does go out with a boy he will be nice and kind and funny.

E also committed to having a boyfriend who is nice and friendly and fun.

And they all decided that they won't have boyfriends until they are 18, and won't get married until they are at least 25.

I am recording this information in the hopes that this document will somehow be legally binding when they enter high school. I consider you all to be witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment