Thursday 15 December 2011

Well, that didn't work

Have you ever, in the words of Elaine Benes, marched in?

I've done it twice.

First time, I marched in to TD Canada Trust, ready to play hard ball when negotiating a new mortgage.

I immediataly learned that the mortgage had actually expired at the beginning of the month, not the end, and therefore not only did I not have any hand (in the words of George Costanza), but the mortgage payments were two weeks in arrears.

Yesterday, I marched in to my financial planner's office, ready to say 'let's pay off the mortgage!'

Due to stoopid math (my arch-nemesis), that's not going to happen after all.

Clearly, mortgages and I do not mix.

Nothing like bursting into tears in front of your money dude to make you feel like a real grown-up, though.

3 comments:

  1. We just arranged our first mortgage in a long-g-g number of years and it was enough to bring me to tears. I think the mortgage guys often have teary-eyed clients. Think happy thoughts and hum along with cheesy 80's Christmas songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, Norah! I hate numbers and money dudes :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM kind of a money dude, but I still hate mortgages! Just remember that episode of All in the Family, where Archie burns his mortgage, after paying it off over a period of time LONGER than Gloria had even been alive! You're not doin' so bad.....

    ReplyDelete