Wednesday 7 December 2011

As role models go, she's actually not bad

I was wearing one of those floating long cardigan things yesterday, and as I was filling the dishwasher the cardigan kept getting in the way. The floaty ends of the drapey parts kept dragging along the dishes, and it was getting on my nerves.

Suddenly, I thought, "I wonder how Dorothy managed?"

That's right, folks. I'm at a point in my life where I'm asking myself what Dorothy Zbornak, in all her shoulder-padded, flowing '80's pantsuited glory, would do in a situation like this.

At any rate, I'm sure it would involve a pointed silence and slow burn stare at the dishwasher. Or my cardigan. Whichever was being ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. Being a tall girl, I often evaluate the long sweaters on the Zbornak curve. It's a fine line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to look up who Dorothy was - always just thought of her as Maude. The evil stare was always great, you should cultivate it.

    ReplyDelete