Friday 30 December 2011

Confessions of a terrible housekeeper

When you come over to my house, you will see several laundry baskets in the family room, and I'll say, "Please excuse the mess, I was just folding some laundry."

But those baskets have actually been there for...probably two months now.

The girls actually just get dressed out them in the mornings, and they keep getting refilled with more folded laundry that just never quite manages to get carried upstairs to their bedroom.

The worst part is that this is way more convenient than sending the girls back upstairs in the morning to get dressed, so there is absolutely NO impetus for me to actually put the clothes away.

So I'm hoping the shame of outing myself like this will inspire me to do it.

But I doubt it.

4 comments:

  1. Have to say, you are in good company. My kids and husband got dressed in the laundry room as the clean clothes never made it out in the baskets. There is now a chest of drawers and a hanging rack in there for the clean clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO want to put a chest of drawers in the laundry room! Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy. Or at least, I'm not alone in crazy town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too used to have this problem. Then one day I moved all the clean clothes onto shelves IN the laundry room, and supplied three hampers for dirty clothes. Now folded clothes go right onto the shelves, and everyone gets dressed and undressed in the laundry room, sorting their own clothes into the appropriate hampers at the end of the day. Way less work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgie, between you and MJ....I think you ladies are on to something here! But then where will I put my freezer? In the bedroom, I suppose.... :-D

    ReplyDelete