Monday 12 December 2011

OK Christmas, just back off, willya?

What is up with Christmas this year? Why can't it still be a month away?

I am totally unprepared.

Haven't baked anything. Not even the pre-made Pillsbury gingerbread that's been in the freezer for a couple of weeks. And as I typed that, I realized that it was probably not supposed to go in the freezer.  So there's that.

Christmas shopping has been haphazard at best. Grabbing random things here and there. I have visions of people opening their presents that morning and wondering why I gave them anti-perspirant, a jar of Nutella and some hair elastics.

And worst of all, I haven't sent out Christmas cards. Would consider saying 'nuts to this' but they are photo cards, so I can't very well send out this year's picture next year, because then everyone will think the girls are missing a vital growth hormone.

Clearly, the only solution is to....I don't know. Celebrate it on January 25th instead? Become one of those crazed shoppers who goes to Wal-Mart at 2 am? Hire someone to write my Christmas cards for me?

Oh, that's not a bad idea actually!

So, loved ones, if you receive a card that says 'Wishing you and your [family] [pets] a joyous [Christmas][Hanukkah][Solstice][Kwanzaa].' Please know that the sentiment was purchased and contracted out with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment