Tuesday 11 October 2011

Well it definitely wasn't undercooked

I missed two days?  Must've been in a turkey coma.

The turkey was delicious and ... VERY well-cooked.  But not like a Christmas Vacation bird, so that's good. But it was ready, like, an hour early!  Ah well.

The highlight for me, though, was when my neighbour's sister and her friend stopped by, because the friend wanted to say hello and say how much she enjoys this blog! And then I got an email from a friend that I haven't seen in years, also saying how much she enjoys the blog! And then there's someone from Russia who keeps reading this blog and that just boggles my mind!

So I am thankful for all of the kind words, and for the fact that the girls continue to say and do funny things.

Not this weekend, mind you. They gave me nothin'.

But speaking of the girls ... when I went to church on Sunday, I walked in and a couple of people were there and they asked how I was and I said "Oh, I'm good....the bird is in the oven!"

And the women looked shocked.

And then they realized that I had said 'bird' and not 'bun'.

I said, "Trust me, if THAT were true, I wouldn't be standing here casually. I'd be collapsed in a corner hyperventilating."

No comments:

Post a Comment