Monday 24 October 2011

Feeding these people is not my strong suit

The pork which was supposed to be schnitzel was, like, an inch think, so it was pink in the middle but burned on the outside (and yes I could've smushed the heck out of it to make it thinner, but by the time I thought of that, it was too late). The side dish boiled over, rendering the rest of the stove top unusable. And I couldn't use the oven because I was 'seasoning' a cast iron skillet in there that I'm sure I'll never use anyhow.

Ultimately, only one element of my Sunday dinner actually turned out properly (and that was the corn I threw in the microwave) so I declared a mulligan on the whole thing and went out to pick up KFC at 6 o'clock last night.

Sadly, everyone was really happy with the change of plans, so that tells you something about my cooking skillz right there.

2 comments:

  1. Time to enroll the girls in cooking/baking school. It is never too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm just reading this one now.....but you have missed the entire point of schnitzel....it's the pounding it out that makes cooking the Sunday dinner for a bunch of complainers bearable! Slovenians have this one down pat!
    Guess who....

    ReplyDelete