Friday 28 October 2011

He's gaslighting me

I bought DH a shirt. I think it was from that store in Michigan where everything cost $8? It's gone now...

He wore the shirt several times, and then we were out one time and I noticed that there was a hole along a seam on the back.

I told him, and he shrugged non-committally.

Then we were out a few weeks later and I realized he was wearing the shirt again.

Me: WHY are you wearing that shirt?

DH: It's just a little hole, it's no big deal.

This has continued now for, oh, probably a year.

He wears the shirt, we argue about the shirt, I put the shirt on the 'old shirts that are now going to be used as rags' pile, he retrieves it, and it shows up again.

I even threw it in the garbage once, and it magically appeared on his back a week or so later.

The diabolical thing is that he waits until he knows I've forgotten about it, and then he sneaks it out again.

At this point, it's just about the perverse pleasure he gets from wearing this shirt and making me lose my mind.

BUT.

The girls found his secret hiding spot for it the other day. Hanging on a hook behind the furnace.

Next garbage day, that sucker's going out.

Unless I forget.

Which I probably will.

So if you see us out sometime, and you see DH wearing a shirt with a hole in the back, please know that he's just doing it to drive me crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I have a suggestion. Give him a needle and thread to patch up the hole, if he like the shirt so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As symbols of independence go, this is better than, say...a Camaro.

    This is also preferable to a hole in an old pair of spandex bike shorts, for example.

    What I'm saying is, it's in all of our best interests to let the shirt live, devil you know and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sterling Dad, you're hilarious, and absolutely right. I've been looking at this all wrong. Anything is better than spandex bike shorts.

    ReplyDelete