Wednesday 19 October 2011

That was not awesome

S has a loose front tooth.  It's been bugging her for a couple of days now and by all accounts, it's looking pretty goofy.

We went to the dentist this morning, and the hygienist said the best way to take the tooth out is to get a Kleenex, grab the tooth with it, turn it like a door knob, and it'll come out. She said it's hanging by a thread,  and it will feel much better once it's out.

So, when it was time to brush her teeth tonight, S and I discussed the prospect of me popping the tooth out.

A 15 - 20 minute freak out ensued.

I finally thought, "Enough of this horses--t," held her down (with DH's help) and cranked on the tooth.

Guess what?

That sucker ain't going anywhere.

But at least I caused my child a lot of pain and made her tooth bleed.

I can't believe I finally built up some credibility on the whole 'listen to me because I know what's best' front, and now I have to start from scratch again.

2 comments:

  1. Got to tell you...I did exactly the same thing. He forgave me...eventually. (When he got the money for the tooth when it finally fell out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he didn't end up in a bell tower or anything, did he! Thanks MJ, that is comforting!

    ReplyDelete