Friday 27 May 2011

Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow.

I watched an episode of a TV show that had a profound impact on my life. It reminded me that TV can have a positive effect in the world. It made me feel young and alive and joyful. It underlined one of life's great undeniable truths...that Barry White is awesome.

It was the Whacking Day episode of The Simpsons.

Oprah may have renewed people's commitment to making the world a better place, but seeing that episode of The Simpsons has made me renew my commitment to watching a bunch of yellow people get up to hilarious hijinks.

In other news, two girls were crying last night, both of them obviously still asleep...S was standing next to E's bed, crying because E 'was pushing her' ... I can only assume that she was pushing her to get her away from her bed.  Why was E crying?  Well, besides the unwelcome sight of her sister standing next to her bed crying in the middle of the night, the only thing I could glean from in between the sobs was:

"What about the underwear?"

I really want to hear what that dream was about!

2 comments:

  1. Anything you write that includes a reference to my favourite show in the whole wide world gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away from it for a while, and catching this episode made me very nostalgic for it ... and the '90's.

    ReplyDelete