Wednesday 18 May 2011

Funky

But not in a Chaka Khan way, just in an 'in a funk' way.  Job hunting is soul-crushing!  The only thing that has consistently made me laugh over the past couple of days is the fact that a hair salon is looking for a licensed stylist.  And apparently they are looking quite actively, because the ad keeps reposting every day. And I'm thinking perhaps they don't realize that when the posting shows up on the sites, it shortens to:

"Joe Blow's Salon is looking for a lice..."

That would not entice me, were I a licensed hair stylist.  Or a customer.  Like, is there just one pesky one that they really need to get rid of?

You know what else would cheer me up?  If my children said or did something hilarious.  But alas, they have been relatively normal.

So, I shall pull one from the archive, dust it off, and see if it still makes me giggle...

Should I go with the time E told me she was having trouble sleeping because she was worried that I'm ruining her life?

The time we were having a lovely family conversation, and suddenly S put up her hand and said "Wait a minute ... " and then cracked one off that was louder and longer than any I'd ever heard?

[ed. note: I know I'm not supposed to find that funny, but I do.  Just like the people falling down on AFV, it will always be funny.  If a person fell on AFV AND cut heat at the same time?  I would probably liz...]

Maybe I'll go with this one:  I went out to a rehearsal one night (although I'm sure my husband told the girls that I was out drinking) and the girls wanted to put on lip gloss.  DH told them that they couldn't, because it was against the law and if he let them, the girls would have to go live in a foster home.

The next morning they looked at me tearfully and asked if they were really going to have to live in a "foster hole."

See?  I'm not the only one who doesn't know what they're doing!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you use 'liz' as a verb and assume your readers know what you mean. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete