Friday 19 October 2012

My name is Mrs. C, and I wear scarves

So, I jumped on the band wagon and wore a decorative scarf with my outfit yesterday.

It went well, I'd say.

So well, in fact, that I'm doing it again today*.

(Note: the scarf was purchased on the same day that I decided to try the 'sweater and leggings' look, just to see once and for all if that was a trend I could join. The answer was a resounding no. Truly, I have passed my 'best before' date for leggings. So I bought the scarf in a last-ditch attempt to look like I'd entered a store in at least the last two years.)

I had expected it to be a very self-consciousness-causing article of clothing, not unlike a hat or a blazer. Whenever I do that, I feel very: "HELLO! I'm wearing a BLAZER!" And my friend J and I have already discussed the Intimidating Hats. I just don't think I'm confident enough to pull off that look.

But yes, I'm embracing the scarf thing.

I just hope people don't think I'm a man--because I know whenever I see a lot of scarf action, my first move is to look for an Adam's apple.




*Different scarf, found in my closet. Why was it there? When did I buy it? I DON'T KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment