Wednesday 3 October 2012

Zoom zoom

I drove to work way too fast yesterday.

I blame this on the fact that I heard Live And Let Die (Sir Paul, not Axl), followed by Middle Of The Road by The Pretenders.

If it catches you in the right mood, you can't help but get swept up in the grandeur of Live ... Well, except for the ragga part, but really, that's only, what 4 bars? Barely enough time to take your foot off the accelerator.

And then Middle Of The Road! Quite enjoyed it, trucking along...until she got to:

I'm not the cat I used to be
I've got a kid I'm thirty-three

Even as we approached that lyric, I kind of hoped that it was 'I've got a kid I'm forty-three'. But I knew in my heart she was going to say thirty-three.

And I remembered singing along with that song, all those years ago, thinking 'yeah, I'm sure she would be tired as hell, thirty-three is really old.'

Luckily I accelerated through my shock, instead of slamming on the brakes in disgust, and still made it to work in record time. Not bad for an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment