Wednesday 2 November 2011

Well, that's some perspective

I went for a massage last night.

My RMT is an Ironman triathlete.

Which is awesome when I have to go to him for my sore muscles from typing.  Or the time -- my hand to God -- I had to go to him because I hurt myself by knitting.

He asked me if I was still running, and I blathered on for a bit about how hard I am finding it to fit a work out into my schedule now that I'm not at Teranet anymore. (There was a gym in the building, so I used to go there during my lunch hour.) I mentioned that I keep getting up early, planning to work out, but it just doesn't happen.

Then he mentioned that he, too, was finding it hard to fit in an early morning work out. Because now that his training is ramping up (he hasn't done an Ironman in 8 years) he's at the point where he has to start fitting two work outs into his day.

Considering that his one work out yesterday involved running 10 miles....and now he's fixin' to do that twice a day....

I managed to get up and dance along with a Wii game for 30 minutes this morning.

Do I get a gold star?

No comments:

Post a Comment