Thursday 24 November 2011

My god, the snoring....

Snoring is kind of a big thing in our house these days.

DH does. I do it. E does it.

So it's always a race to try to be the first one asleep, because then you've got the best shot at not being the one who lies awake all night plotting ways to smother the snorer.

So.

It's 3 in the morning and E is in our bed.

And then K wakes up and tries to climb in, and I have to say 'no, your sister is already there, I'll come into your room.'

So I'm lying on a single bed with K, who insists on me sleeping in her bed, but who won't actually move over to make room for me.

At which point the snoring starts in the next room.

So I go stalking back into our room, ready to shove gently roll DH over to make the snoring stop...but, as abruptly as it started, it stops again.

I stand there for a full minute or two, barely breathing, waiting for his next inevitable snore...

But there isn't one, so I go back and climb into E's empty bed for a fairly uncomfortable night's sleep.

The next day, in the middle of a random conversation, DH suddenly asks me, a little nervously:

"Were you.....LOOMING over me in the middle of the night?"


Do you know what this means?

Even when he is sleeping, I can strike fear into his heart!

EX-cellent....

No comments:

Post a Comment