Friday 10 February 2012

Your daily bring-down

DH and I kept singing 'See My Vest' yesterday, so he dug out Songs In The Key Of Springfield and we played it for the girls.

I was really enjoying listening to it until I looked at the back cover and saw that it was released in 1997. And then I realized that 1997 was FIFTEEN years ago...

And then when I was putting the girls to bed last night, we were talking about that classic piece of cinema, Rock 'n' Roll High School.

After discussing how the various members of the Ramones died (a depressing conversation in itself), the girls then asked when that movie was made.

1979.

THIRTY-THREE YEARS AGO.

And do you know what that made me want to say?


Except instead of "Major crimes?" I would say "Thirty-three years?"

Y'know, because "Major crimes?" would make no sense.

1 comment:

  1. I argued with the radio the other day, when they were saying that Bryan Adams was "touring Canada again for the first time in 20 years!" I shouted at the disembodied voices, "It hasn't been 20 years! I remember a Bryan Adams concert when I was in my first year of university! That was only... uh... 20 years ago..." Sigh.

    ReplyDelete