Sunday 12 February 2012

Memory Lane

D brought over two boxes of albums that have been sitting in my Dad's house for YEARS. Like, DH found a penny in the bottom of one of the boxes, and it was from 1988...

Aside from an alarming number of Liona Boyd albums, there are definitely some gems in there.

Not the least of which is ABBA's Arrival. How many hours did I spend looking at that cover while listening to the record? Wondering where they were coming from, and whether Benny/Bjorn could really fly a helicopter...

But the best has to be the Boz Scaggs album. If you can listen to Lido Shuffle without "Whoa oa oa oooo"ing along, you're dead inside.

In fact, here, try it now:

1 comment:

  1. I remember my mom coming home with that very album you now have. We were still living on Franklin and she came home with it after having lunch with your dad downtown.

    I am so incredibly glad you now have those records, Liona Boyd and all.

    ReplyDelete