Wednesday 1 February 2012

Dinner and a Movie

Remember that show? The "cooking show" that was an interstitial during movies shown on TBS?

I've been thinking about it a lot lately, because apparently it is "Yippee kiy yay" day at school on Friday.

Which means that Pop has been saying "Yippee kiy yay Mr. Falco!" all week.

Note: while trying to find a clip of Die Hard as shown on Dinner and a Movie, I realized that everyone refers to TBS' terrible dubbing of the line as 'Yippe kiy yay Mr. Falcon.' But I stand by Mr. Falco at least on the version that we watched back then--gotta be in '98 or '99--because we have been saying Yipee kiy yay Mr. Falco ever since. Or even if we're wrong--Mr. Falco is funnier.

I fondly remember Paul Gilmartin sounding so mystified afterwards:

"What? But...Who is Mr. Falco?"

Sadly I can't find an archive that lists the recipe they made that night. But any show that made 'Obi-Wan Cannoli' during Star Wars and 'Can't Go To School, I Falafel' for Ferris Bueller is okay in my books....

No comments:

Post a Comment