Tuesday 30 August 2011

Ok, people, let's not panic

So, I got a job!

First of all, this is good news for my hair.

Second of all, there seems to be widespread panic in the streets (read: two people mentioned it) that my blogging duties may suffer because of it.

True, the girls will have a much smaller window of opportunity in which to do bizarre things that make me laugh, but I have no doubt that they will rise to the occasion.

Also, I am sure this new job will provide me with an abundance of opportunities for me to embarrass myself. Sister L was already gleefully picturing me desperately trying to work a 25-line switchboard, sitting at a desk like that Lily Tomlin character on Laugh In.

One ringy-dingy....

3 comments:

  1. I think when people realize that you might cut back on your blogging that there will be widespread panic in the streets. I think you would make a great Ernestine and would do a great job with all 25 lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have I reached the party to whom I am speaking?"

    Yep. I can totally picture you as Ernestine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One ringy-dingy *snort*

    Sister L.

    ReplyDelete