Friday 19 August 2011

Don't bug her for the next 22 minutes

Me: E, what would you like to drink?

E: (staring intensely at a spot in the mid-distance)

Me: E! What would you like to drink?

E: (still staring) ..... Oh! Sorry, Mommy, I was just watching an episode of The Simpsons in my head.

Me: Really. Which one?

E: A Streecar Named Marge. Next up is Lisa's Substitute!

Now, in my defense, I'm finding that The Simpsons has actually been a pretty useful parenting tool. So far I've used it to explain that you should never drink a lot of alcohol because you will act stupid and embarrass yourself, and possibly pass out on the floor (as seen in the episode where they go for marriage counselling but Homer goes fishing instead).

I also may be raising little Norma Raes, because for the last few days we've all had the strike song in our heads:

So we'll march day and night by the big cooling towerrrr
They have the plant, but we have the powerrrr

And then we all sing Classical Gas!

Note: My apologies to anyone reading this who doesn't watch The Simpsons. I'll make it up to you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment