Tuesday 22 January 2013

Victory, delusion, heartbreak

Victory

Sister L came over on Sunday to coach me through making a proper meal. Goulash was on the menu, and it was delicious. Two of the girls even took it for lunch yesterday. And Picky Eater willingly dipped her bread 1 millimetre into the bowl to try it. Trust me, this is a victory.

Delusion

I was putting gas in the car yesterday and noticed that the girl filling up in front of me was wearing skinny jeans tucked into her knee length boots, and the boots were still LOOSE at the top. Like, she could've been wearing snow pants, tucked them in, and there still would've been room.

Me? I've got a callous on my finger from yanking the zipper up over my "muscular calves" as one saleswoman so graciously put it.

But I comforted myself with the fact that Loose Boot Tops was probably freezing due to her 0% body fat, whereas I could probably be lost in the wilderness for days and still be fine. So there.

Heartbreak

While doing Just Dance 4 with the kids last night, I noticed that the reflection of my body on the colour-block screen looked not unlike like Igor when he would dance on the Hilarious House of Frightenstein:



No comments:

Post a Comment