Wednesday 30 January 2013

Hey hey hey

For some reason, this phrase popped into my head this morning.

But it was "Hey HEY hey" which was someone's catch phrase on What's Happening - not to be confused with "Hey hey HEY" which was from Fat Albert.

So naturally I've had this song in my head since then:


But the What's Happening - Fat Albert - Hey hey hey issue highlighted this fact: for a white girl growing up in London, Ontario in the '70's, I sure did learn a lot about black kids 'keepin' their head(s) above water' in major American cities. (If you don't like the What's Happening song, then maybe that will be replaced by the Good Times song.)

Which then made me think that before the internet, there was another way for people of all races, colours and creeds to learn about each other: WUAB Channel 43.

Yes, I just compared channel 43 to the internet.

Yes, that means that somewhere in this equation, Super Host is Bill Gates. Or at least Steve Wozniak.

No comments:

Post a Comment