Wednesday 16 January 2013

I'd better watch my step

The girls are doing their first communion this year.

So before that comes first reconciliation (or confession, as we called it back in tha day).

They were talking about reconciliation in class the other day. The girls were pretty pumped about the fact that you don't have to tell anyone what you told the priest, and the priest can't tell anyone what you said, and that when he forgives you, it's like you're a blank slate.

S: "But ____ already sinned two times today!"

Me: "Really?? What did he do?"

S: "Well, first during prayers, he just talked about ninjas the whole time. And then later, when I said I didn't want to do something, he called me an old grandma."

We'd better talk about tightening up the criteria a bit, or this kid's going to have a full rolodex file on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment