Wednesday 15 May 2013

Ooof

The other day I got an email about a theatre group holding auditions for The Sound of Music.

I was intrigued, and mentioned it to a friend of mine at rehearsal that night.

"Oh yes? Are you hoping to play the Mother Abbess?"

And this is in no way an attempt to call out my friend, because you know what? She is absolutely right.

I am WAY past the best before date for playing Maria (notwithstanding the fact that I also can't carry a tune in a bucket--it was just the THOUGHT of auditioning that was intriguing).

Or even Frau Schraeder, who has the best line (in the movie) - Why didn't you tell me Max? (What?) To bring my harmonica.

I then went to get my hair done, which afforded me lots of time to stare at my face in the mirror while the colour set.

At which point I realized that the wrinkles in my forehead are now permanent.

And the only way I can get rid of them is to bring my eyebrows lower, which causes the wrinkles in between the two of them to stand out more.

UNLESS I start pulling my hair back in a Jean Kasem ponytail.






DONE and DONE.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who Jean Kasem is but you have chosen an awesome hair role model. So you're old, huh? You ok with that? It's a good thing it happens slow. Better losing your youth be a slow leak than an exploding balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Absolutely right, Therese. And I've had a couple of those slow leaks, too...

    ReplyDelete