Monday 25 February 2013

Forgive me, Enjo, for I have sinned

...It has been 6 or 7 years since my last use of commercial cleaning products.

But when I hunkered down the other day to scrub the bathtub, I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed.

And then I took a break.

And then I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed some more.

And then I realized I had only cleaned a spot the size of a grapefruit.

And I thought, but did not say, because I followed E's advice and gave up swearing for Lent, "Eff this."

And I grabbed a very old bottle of Tilex that I'm sure DH bought one time in a huff.

And I cleaned that bathtub in two minutes.

Yes, I feel guilty.

Yes, I realize that if I cleaned the bathtub more than one during each American presidency, it probably wouldn't be such a daunting task.

Yes, I vow to keep on top of it and keep Enjoing away all the soap scum.

My penance will be to sing two verses of This Land Is Your Land and watch an episode of The Nature of Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment