Monday 10 December 2012

That was pretty bad, even for me

When will I learn to just give up on the idea of presenting a picture-perfect Sunday dinner to my family?

First, I decided to pull out the bread maker for the occasion. Was pretty excited about making bread, until I managed to dribble honey across the kitchen floor in the process. Nothing says "Norman Rockwell Moment" like Mommy spending the rest of the day shouting expletives every time she walks across the floor and finds another sticky spot.

Then I decided to make scalloped potatoes and ham.

Hours later, as the bread came out, I suddenly realized I had forgotten to put salt in the mixture.

For consistency's sake, I also forgot to put salt in the potatoes.

At this point I was thinking, "At least I can't really screw up the ham..." but it turns out I forgot to put any water in the pan, so that sucker was smoking by the time I pulled it out of the oven.

The kids kept saying, helpfully, "The bread is okay, you just need to put LOTS of butter on it."

I really hope one of them takes a shine to cooking--and soon--because I am seriously ready to retire my apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment