Tuesday 11 December 2012

I don't like to call it lying...

I call it 'peace at any price.'

K was having a complete meltdown one morning.

Like, Three Mile Island meltdown.

The reason?

"I didn't look to see how much the book that I want to buy at the book fair costs and now I don't know how much money to take with me!"

(Trust me, that was delivered all caps, but I just didn't have the heart to put you through reading it like that.)

So after a good twenty minutes of this:

"We'll send you with $10 and that would probably be enough..."
"BUT WHAT IF IT'S NOT???"
"Okay, $20 trust me K, will be more than enough."
"BUT WHAT IF THAT'S TOO MUCH??"
"Then they will give you change."
"CHANGE?!?"

DH disappeared for a moment and came back with the 'book fair' note in his hand.

"K, look what I found."
"Yeah, it's the note."
"No, but on the back of it, look."

K, reading: "K should bring $20 to the book fair tomorrow."

She immediately brightened, and said, "Mrs. G must've looked at the book to see how much it cost!"

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

K: "WAIT A MINUTE. That's not her handwriting."

DH and I stopped breathing.

K: "Oh, no, it's just cursive."

I may give DH a lot of grief, but truly that was an inspired moment in parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment