Saturday 21 April 2012

No, but, wait...

I went to the market to get a smoothie yesterday. (I'm on a smoothie kick. I blame random Chatelaine articles.)

The girl told me the total.

"That comes to four twenty."

Me, trying to show the young, dreadlocked granola-esque server that I'm hip to what the kids are up to these days:

"Oh, that's fitting."

"Yeah, all day today...."

Me, apologizing for pointing out the obvious 4-20 reference:

"Ha, ha. Sorry."

She finished the smoothie (which was delicious, by the way--if you're looking for a good smoothie, the fro-yo place at the market is the way to go), and handed it to me:

"There you go, and you have yourself a good 4-20."

Me, suddenly feeling awkward because now my entire relationship with the smoothie girl is based on a lie:

"Um ... Thanks!"


No comments:

Post a Comment