Wednesday 5 March 2014

Cross that one off the list

Thanks to another mom's status update on Facebook, I found out the girls were learning about where babies come from.

(They certainly weren't offering up this information on their own.)

When I asked them what they'd learned at school that day, they casually mentioned that they'd started learning about it, but there was more to come.

Oh, did I mention that one of them was sick that day? So I practically shoved her out the door the next day, not wanting her to miss any of this, because God knows I was in no rush to have this conversation...

So days go by, and nothing is mentioned.

Finally the other day we were driving somewhere and I asked what they learned at school that day.

Silence.

"Did you learn about where babies come from, and that's why you don't want to talk about it?"

"Yes."

Later on, they started to tell me more about it.

"And then someone asked if you can choose to have a baby, or how you end up having a baby."

"And?"

"And then the teacher TOLD us! And we giggled. Because he even used the word!!"

"What word? Penis?"

"No!"

"Sex?"

"YES!"

Pause.

"So....we know, Mommy."

Pause. Meaningful look straight at me.

"We know....."

No comments:

Post a Comment