Monday 9 September 2013

Important pop culture instruction

One project we undertook for the summer was "watch all of the Harry Potter movies."

We're down to the Deathly Hallows, and we watched part 1 on Saturday night.

The girls are into it, which I love. Occasionally I have to give them a heads up before things get really intense...and I've thoroughly prepared them for the fact that things get really crappy before they eventually get better. In the movie the other night, when they were getting really stressed out about Bellatrix, I was glad that I was able to soothe their minds by telling them that she gets hers, from Mrs. Weasley no less, and that, if memory serves me correctly, Mrs. W calls her the 'b word.' But I should point out that I was the only one who was misty-eyed when Dobby took one for the team! Am I raising a bunch of automatons??

Anyhow, after the movie finished, and for reasons I can't fully explain, we started listening to music, and somehow ended up playing Bohemian Rhapsody.

And again, for reasons that completely escape me, but which seemed quite reasonable at the time, DH ended up doing an epic, emotionally raw, sometimes acrobatic, occasionally awe-inspiring interpretive performance (I was going to say dance, but that would be a bit much) to the song.

Personally, I was dying I was laughing so hard.

The girls on the other hand were less than impressed.

We quietly sang "any way the wind blooooooooooows.....", the gong sounded, and there was silence.

And then K announced:

"I may vomit."

No comments:

Post a Comment