Tuesday 23 July 2013

They still count though, right?

We're doing this cool thing at work to encourage everyone to be more active.

Everybody got a pedometer, and we're tracking how many steps we take over an eight week period.

Apparently the recommended daily number of steps is 10,000.

I am here to tell you, that's a helluva lot of steps.

But on Saturday, I logged over 14,000!

I was surprised, because I went on a long walk with S on Sunday, but I couldn't really think of anything specific I had done on Saturday to bump my total up like that.

I had done a little Just Dance magic that morning, and then the usual Saturday morning housecleaning blitz...but frankly, I spent the majority of Saturday afternoon working my way through a pile of unread issues of Vanity Fair.

And then I remembered: Saturday evening I suggested we all walk down to McDonald's for McFlurries.

So. Every journey to weight gain begins with a single step.

No comments:

Post a Comment