Thursday 8 November 2012

Maybe I just shouldn't leave the house

subtitle: What is WRONG with people?

Taking the train home from Toronto the other day, I was trapped in an enclosed space with an incessant sniffer and a guy going to town on a bag of Doritos. I was pretty sure we weren't all going to get out of that metal tube alive.

On the weekend, we went to see Wreck It Ralph. It was a cute movie, but my experience of it was slightly dampened by the fact that the man in front of me was snoring for the last half hour of the show.

The weird thing was, everyone in the audience could hear it, but his wife, who was sitting right next to him, wasn't doing anything. So then I didn't feel like it was my place to lean over and wake him up. Suddenly, in the last five minutes of the movie, he gave a gigantic snort, everyone in the theatre giggled, and she looked over at him and gave him a nudge.

The worst part was that in the middle of the snoring, the person behind me was sucking every last drop of moisture out of her giant pop. And then shaking the ice cubes around. And then sucking every last drop of moisture out of there again. And then shaking it again.

At this point I leaned over to DH and said, "I'm going to lose my mind."

The WORST worst part was that having someone snoring in front of me in the theatre was like a waking nightmare. A noise that torments me every night had now escaped my bedroom and was torturing me at the Wellington 8! My mid-life, crotchety version of Freddie Krueger.

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, I can SO relate!! How are people so unaware of themselves!! The last time I was at the movies I swore it just wasn't worth the price for the big screen when I can simply download the movie and watch it at home without 100 creepy inconsiderate people sitting all around me distracting me from the movie :( You told this HILARIOUSLY and I am so with you - I am no longer leaving the house!

    ReplyDelete